what should i do/how shud i approach my fiance?

i have the best boyfriend/fiance ever. i love him to death and he loves my babies to death. (pregant with twins), although they arent his kids. but the only thing i dont like about him is that he treats me more like a baby then a women. i know its becuase he loves me alot. he will be like, idk proctetive of me. he talks to me like i am a baby and i am not able to comprrend like the way adults talk . i dont ever want to break up withhim. i would rather it be like this the rest of my life then have to break up with him. hes is the best and so sweet. but like i said, he trets me like a little kid and is kind of somewhat possevive and i think doesnt trust me. he does not like it when i hang with male friends. and most of my freiods are males. what shuould i do and how should i approach him and tell him my feelings, without breaking his heart...(hes real emontionnal)

tiffany275

Asked by tiffany275 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• what you are describing is belittling and controlling. be very careful of this escalating to abuse. to talk to you that way is disrespectful. you are both adults and both equals. it's a way of subversively keeping you under his thumb... you wouldn't stay with him if he just were outright condescending. but see it for what it is. i recently was in a situation with my husband that was becoming emotionally/verbally abusive. i told him i was willing to walk away from our marriage unless he started treating me with more respect, the respect i deserve. i told him what was not acceptable. my hubby is oversensitive too. that can be used against you... you're too scared to hurt him, right? he knows that. get some self respect and demand to be treated like the adult you are.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Just straight out tell him the next time it happens.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I didn't even talk to my kids like babies. What does he do when you do it back to him?
    goldstarmom

Answer by goldstarmom at 3:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• GO FIGARO8895! that is the best answer ever!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 3:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I agree with figaro8895. Get out of this relationship before it really turns abusive. We don't want to hear of you becoming another statistic.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i agree with figaro, his actions are the first signs of an abusive controlling man, why you would stand for this is beyond me. get out of this relationship NOW before you find yourself in a very terrible situation, you and your babies deserves so much better.
    mom2gavahnyaand

Answer by mom2gavahnyaand at 5:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• About our third date in my dh called me "baby". I told him I was not his baby, that I found that belittling, and please do not call me that again. He stopped, although I think it did hurt his feelings. I've had quite a few battles about respect with him. But even he never used baby talk with me. You should speak to your bf about this right away. He may just be doing it because he thinks you like it. But you need to know what's behind it. He's baby talking to you and treating you like your less then bright now but once you've been married a few years he could be just plain treating you like your stupid. Why wait around for that.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• hes not abusive, just like doesnt really treat me as an adult.
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• and he calls me baby alot
    tiffany275