Is Melatonin a good sleep aid?

tag1964

Asked by tag1964 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Health

• Depends on who you are using it for... My daughters pediatrician has her on it and it's amazing! I took it once because I was under so much stress and couldn't sleep, and it helped me get to sleep, but I didn't stay asleep. Of course, as with any medication/herbal supplement, everyone is different.
    Hrtswithddynhvn

Answer by Hrtswithddynhvn at 11:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It worked for me.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Worked for my husband also.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It works for me and my husband. I also love that this is none habit forming. I just take it as needed and can stop whenever I chose to.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It's great for falling asleep fast. I think I am asleep before my head hits the pillow.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Glad I found this question...my pedi was thinking maybe I should use it for my kids to help them stay asleep in their own beds. I know one poster said she didn't stay asleep, but does it help kids sleep through the night??
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2010