Mothers who have children with special needs?

How did you find out before your child was born or after?
How did you feel and how did your DH feel?
What have been the struggles and joys?
Have you ever blamed yourself?
Do you thing about what will become of your child in the future?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• My first child was born with Cerebral Palsy. I did not know before she was born. A day after she was born she was sent to the chidrens hospital with diff breathing. they said she suffered bleeding to the brain due to lack of oygen before during or after birth. it was not until she started getting older that they would know how bad things were. She was never able to walk or talk. she had multiple hospitilazations, surgeries. I was a single parent at the time. There were times i did blame myself. i always worried about her future and if i would b able to take care of her. I will tell u i have had 3 more healthy children since her birth. unfortunately for me my baby girl passed away 3 years ago. i will tell you for me i would not have traded her for anything in the world. She was the most precious thing. She made me into the person i am today. she could make anyone smile and warm your heart. i miss her everyday.
    mbrown215

Answer by mbrown215 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010