What are some creative ways to try and make your husband fall in love with you again?

My husband recently told me that he felt like he wasn't in love with me. He still loves me and wants to try and make our marriage work (we are about to start counseling) but he doesn't feel a connection to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• You can't make anyone fall in love with you. Maybe try and relive the moments on why you two feel in love and get some marriage counseling.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• You can't make anyone do anything that they don't want to do. That's good that you guys are going to counseling, so that's a start. He's sounds like he is making an effort, so you guys have a shot. Good luck to you!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 11:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Go out somewhere...just you....maybe to a coffee house of something. Tell him you are going there, and he could come in later and try to pick you up....?
    cnice1976

Answer by cnice1976 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I didn't mean make as in force him to. Let me rephrase the question.....How do I try to get my husband to fall in love with me again? Not sure how else I can rephrase it. It's not trying to FORCE him. I just thought I could try some things that would possibly make him fall for me again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I like the idea of thinking back trying to discover what made you two "fall in love" in the first place. I think love is a constant changing thing. Because we are constantly changing. Maybe get to know eachother again. Allow lifes busyness to slow down and just be you and let him be him and see what happens! Good Luck to you two! Hope it works out!
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 11:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Thats a good idea cnice. He's not much of a role player though. lol I'll suggest it anyway. Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Go back to the basics.  What drew the two of you together in the first place?  What interests did or do you have in common?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• well one time on feb 14 i made a warm fire and i put rose pedals all over my living room and got some wine and the rest is history
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I used to do stuff like that. I would plan a romantic Valentine's Day or give him cards and his favorite candy for no reason. I stopped because he never did anything like that for me. And honestly I didn't know it meant so much to him. I have made a commitment to myself to restart that. He told me that he loved the way I always made him feel like he was number one. (This is before kids). I'd like to make him feel that way again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• bring in some spice,i mean you dont have to be overpowering unles of course he likes it lol......but bring more spice into the bedroom,do things for him that he likes.....also you could try cooking certain foods for him....the way to a mans heart is thru his stomach (sometimes)
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2010