Is it normal to have sever back pain almost 2 months after a c-section

I woke up at 4am this morning with really horrible back pain. It almost feels like contractions when they first start. I am still having this pain and had no choice but to take a vicodin. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Health

• I don't know if it's normal, but it is almost 7 months after my c-sec. and I have horrible back pains that'll last 2-3 days at a time and return after a week or two.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Gal Bladder! If its pain in your back try pressing just below your right rib cage and see if there is any tenderness. If you have attacks (pain) when you lie down and it gets better after you've stood up for a while, it is most likely gal stones. They are a common "complication" of pregnancy. When you lie down the stone get stuck in the opening of your gal bladder and that is what causes your pain then when you change position or stand up, the stones fall back down into the gal bladder and relieve the pain. There is a simple operation to remove your gal bladder but it is something that shoudlnt be ignored because if your gal bladder ruptures, you have a very strong chance of infection! go get it checked out............good luck!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• COULD BE KIDNEY STONES also but I hear gall bladder is a very common problem after pregnancy, does it hurt worse after you eat?
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2008