Still worried about this.

I just had my first child in August of 2009. When I was pregnant, my doctor told me that I was RH negative and that I would need a shot at 27 weeks and again once my son was born...IF he tested to be RH positive. If I didn't get the shot and my son was RH positive, my body will build up antibodies to my future pregnancies and I have a high chance of miscarriage. Well it took me 2 days in the hospital to get someone to tell me if my son was RH positive or not. Never once did I get a real solid answer. Finally a nurse told me he was RH negative so I didn't need the shot. I've been really uneasy about it since and I don't confident that they gave me the correct answer. Now I'm terrified that I'm going to miscarry all my other babies that I conceive in the future. What can I do about this?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your OB should be able to tell you.  He/She can get your hospital records if there's not already a copy in the office.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 11:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Just call you OB. They'll be able to tell you for sure and they may just do it to be on the safe side. If it's not an issue it won't hurt you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• They test everyone for that early in a pregnancy.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2010