How long do the multi-colored leaves stay on the trees?

We live in Florida and I really want to go north for a few days so my daughter could see the changing leave colors, but my dh hasn't been able to get away from work, even for two days yet. Will the colors be all gone by December?

Bellarose0212

Asked by Bellarose0212 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Travel

• Well, depends on where you go probably, but I'd doubt if there will be any left. We've got snow here and no leaves on the trees - though the hoar frost is very pretty on the trees. But soon after they change colour, they dry up and any wind will blow them off. I am up here in Canada though, so maybe not so far north there might be some left.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Thanks, I'm thinking like Georgia to North Carolina. A short drive for us. Maybe there is hope for us, maybe not? :( Sigh... next year.
    Bellarose0212

Comment by Bellarose0212 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Depends on how soon the storms roll in.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would say yeah, they will be gone. Where are you going? In Wisconsin they are all gone by the end of October.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2010