Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How can I get child custody rights changed

Answer Question

Asked by help928 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • I know here in NY you need to go down to family court. A judge changes it.

    Answer by Jessica45 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

  • First, talk to a lawyer.   You have to go back to court to get custody changed.


    Answer by earlgrey at 11:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

  • you can file for a modification of the exsisting orders all by yourself. but if he isnt going to agree easily, you might seek legal counsel

    Answer by beyondhopes at 11:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

  • Depends on what state you live in, what kind of order is in place... this is too broad a query to be answered here. Need more details.

    Answer by Guinhyvar at 12:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • Go to the courthouse & have the daddy served to go to court

    Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • Good luck to start with, ive been fighting that for 6 years. It is not easy and it can be very long and painful. Get a good lawyer, doccument everything (if the other parent is not a "good" parent). Unfortunately not all judges are fair. GOOD LUCK!!! =)

    Answer by mommymeg2002 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.