How do I keep my 6 mo old dd from biting? adult content

I stopped nursing my ds at 8 months in part because he was teething and would really bite down, causing a lot of pain! I was also pregnant with my now 6 mo old dd which was another reason. Now, she is getting teeth and sometimes bites when nursing. It's awful! Any suggestions as to how to stop this?!

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take your baby off immediately and say NO! wait a few minutes and then begin again. i would do this everytime it happens. my dd starting doing this around 8mos. also and i would give her cold washcloth to bite on. she loved it and stopped the biting during nursing. good luck to you!
    jennifer815

Answer by jennifer815 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Stop nursing and put the baby down for a minute. Pick the baby back up and try again. They can't actively nurse and bite at the same time.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Stick your finger in their mouth and press down where they're teething and say "No bite" it will show them that it hurts when they bite. They'll not do it much after that. Also your baby might just be telling you their gums hurt. Some teething tablets can help with that or just a nice gum rub before nursing. Sorry for all the "they". I'm new to forums and am still learning what all the abbreviations mean :-)
    Carrielayne

Answer by Carrielayne at 3:06 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Thanks for all the helpful advice! I really appreciate it!
    carol2m2

Comment by carol2m2 (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2010