The doctor said I have a small blood clot on the outside of my placenta

She said it has gotten smaller over time and that the heartbeat is excellent and ultrasound was great and to not worry but being that I had 3 miscarriages before, this is the farthest Ive carried-Im 3 1/2 months, worrying is IMPOSSIBLE! Anyone with anything similar?

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They told my SIL the same thing, but then told her it was normal because it is what fed nutrients to the baby... Not sure if it is true or not, but 3 docs have told her that now. I hope all is well and best wishes to you!
    Hrtswithddynhvn

Answer by Hrtswithddynhvn at 11:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I'm not sure but my sister is 25 weeks and she is in the hospital because of her cervix trying to open and she was bleeding and the doctor said it was from a blood clot they seen when they checked her. They assured us not to worry that it is ok and the baby is fine.
    neaneah

Answer by neaneah at 9:13 AM on Nov. 21, 2010