How do I get my son to sleep???

In his own bed??!!! He came in to sleep with us because we had company that needed his bed and he hasn't left!! He is my last baby and I love him to pieces but he is a bed hog! I even went out and bought him a race car bed which he loves, but he won't sleep in it. He says he has to sleep with us!

Hrtswithddynhvn

Asked by Hrtswithddynhvn at 11:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I should add the first story gets read in his bed, always has, and then after that I move to floor or hall way
    aSoldierSWifE44

Answer by aSoldierSWifE44 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Tell him you're sorry but he can't because you and DH have to sleep to get up and go to work. After a few nights he'll be fine. Maybe invest in a cot for next time you have company that put him out of his bed.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Try rocking him to sleep if its just random nights he has trouble sleeping. Or give him a massage. But don't let him sleep in your bed.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• it's a hard habit to break! I co-slept with my first & still have problems with her coming into my bed
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Well, I let my kids sleep with me or lay down with them til they fell asleep. This way I also got sleep.They also slept with each other until they decided they were too crowded. They're all pretty well adjusted and don't sleep with me any more so it worked for me. Keeps a crying baby quiet too and makes nursing easier.
    starflower57

Answer by starflower57 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Im still co sleeping and ds is 27 months! its a HARD habit to break. he will sleep in his bed until midnight or so, and then im too tired to deal with him fighting to go back to his bed so i let him sleep in ours!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• be consistent. Keep putting him back in his own bed, my son gets gated in at night so that we dont have to worry about him falling down the stairs
    Not.So.Virginal

Answer by Not.So.Virginal at 9:50 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• get tough and tell him to stay in his bed.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• For my son I put him in his bed and red him stories for a few nights while sitting in his bed til he passed out. Then I sat on the floor by the door and read the stories, and now I sit in the hall way. My son's major problem is being alone and this seems to be working for us. He doesn't realize I am gone after he is asleep. Its a pain at first bc I was literally reading 10 books a night! lol But now we are down to 2.
    aSoldierSWifE44

Answer by aSoldierSWifE44 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My son is 5. He crawled into bed with my 19 yr old DD last night. I guess his feet where by her head. In the night he kicked her in the eye and she has a slight shinner lol. Just keep putting him back, you will get there.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010