what would you do if...

Ok say my kids did their Xmas list last month, I have completed my shopping except for one thing. However they have changed their minds about most of it...What do I do?

sam223

Asked by sam223 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• How old are they?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:07 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• they are 8 and 10
    sam223

Comment by sam223 (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'd keep some of the old list items, return the rest and get some of the new list items...and then be done with it...unless they are young like my son(3) then I'd just give him what I had and get him 1 of his new items
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 12:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would take stuff back because the big sales are starting soon and you will find great deals on what they really want
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• well, if you have kids that are grateful just to have gifts, and who will be happy just to have a good time, then keep some. But if you know for a fact they will be angry and not happy, you dont have much of a choice unless you want unhappy kids all that day, kwim? It's hard to shop ahead as now is the season we are bombarded with NEW BETTER toys lol. A rule is tho lol you could get everything they ever wanted and there is something you will miss (sigh). good luck.:)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• @ Bearsjen lol, that is the problem all the new commercials are playing..They are children that appreciate everything they get, but I as mommy do want them to have what they want...:(
    sam223

Comment by sam223 (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would look at the gifts & take in my own opinion..
    Which of these gifts have "long term shelf life" in my house? Which do I know my kids will enjoy for a while.. and which ones was just "the cool thing that week"..
    From there id take back the ones i know they really are "over" and get something else if possible..

Would i return 99% of the gifts? Nope. Maybe have a very small (non serious) talk about the important of gift list & let them know next year they should put more thought into it :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'd judge for myself what is appropriate, what is high quality, what is likely to be played with. I doubt I'd do much exchanging or returning.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:39 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• on christmas not only give them their gifts give their list back to them to in a nice wrapped envelope let them check off their gifts.this can help them be sure about decision they make in life.
    lovelyme9o

Answer by lovelyme9o at 12:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010