what do u think of spankings at school??

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd pitty the poor fool who tried!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It should absolutely NEVER happen!
    starflower57

Answer by starflower57 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think if anyone other than me spanked my child they'd be getting a spanking by me. The school better not lay a finger on my child
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:13 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• As a mom and a teacher I don't like the concept. I can spank my own kids thanks.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• When I was in grade school(I am 38) I remember there was a form parents had to sign giving permission to spank if needed. Even then I thought it "felt" wrong. For me, I don't spank but on the whole I think the idea of anyone else making that type of judgement on my child isscarey and I do not support it.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:13 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• NO ONE spanks my child, NOT even me. I refused to put my son in a Catholic school because they wanted me to sign a release to let them spank him. NOT a chance in hell.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Nobody ever lay a finger on my Son..that includes teachers!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If I spank my own children and my child care provider as a mandated reporter is required to report it as possible child abuse, why would a teacher be allowed to do it.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have a whole different take on "spanking at school" than everyone else. When I was in school, if you did something that warranted a spanking, you were taken in the office w/a witness and given "licks". Let me tell you, there were far fewer discipline problems in school than there are now. Most kids who were "spanked" at school got another one when they got home, from their parents, so IMO kids behaved a lot better back then because they knew the consequences. Nowadays, there are few deterrents for misbehaving or getting in trouble. It is synonymous w/our justice system. If the penalties were much stiffer, there would be fewer crimes. A "slap on the hand" doesn't deter anyone from breaking laws. The public school system has lost the war on civility in schools, as they don't have the support of the parents.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 10:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• On the first day of school my dad would walk up to my new teacher and give his permission to spank me if I ever got out of line in class. I was always a well-behaved child and an excellent student, so I was never spanked, BUT it let me know that the rules for home were the same as at school. (And Dad did this until 6 grade!)

I had a healthy fear of my teachers, just as I did my father. Somewhere along the line the fear turned to respect.

I believe a little more "fear" in our school systems would result in a better behaved group of kids...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2010