my friend never leaves HER daughter alone with hubby/stepdad.

my friend loves her dh with all her heart but she has a preteen daughter whom she never leaves alone with her hubby/the step dad.if she is going out she brings her dd ,but if she needs to go out for a length of time she drops her dd at grandma's house. my friend says she loves her hubby but trusts no man with her kid. i would be offended if i had a stepson who was 12 years old and my hubby felt the same way and never left the stepson with me alone in the house. what are your thoughts?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Hrm..maybe there is a deeper issue?
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:19 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think its strange but maybe something has happened to your friend or someone she knows or her DH that makes her not want to leave her child with him. My BIL was abused in many ways by both his parents and I could never leave my child with him. Even though I love him to death and I've never seen him mistreat anyone. I just couldn't do it knowing what I know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would be offended too. Her behavior is showing how much she doesn't trust her husband. Does not bode well for that marriage.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Good for her! I totally back what she is doing and im sure she has her own reasons.
    Molesters are somewhere. and 99% of the time a person is NOT molested by strangers, but by those we should trust.. Love makes you blind, how can you love someone if you think they molest? that is the thing, everyone says "no i love him, he would never do that".. but guess what -- alot of very loved very "respected" men do very sick things. and that is just reality.

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• well in a way i don't blame her,i believe there are other reasons for her actions
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 12:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Cautious parents should be applauded. It is hard work to stick to her principle of protecting her kid.

Any jerk can neglect a child or leave it unattended.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think mother knows best. You can't understand unless you have been in her shoes. You are her friend? Then support her and don't be so critical. Sounds like she is doing her best and keeping her daughter safe.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i don't blame her either. there has to be something else going on.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i have 3 girls and very overprotective of leaving with males. but i would not marry someone that i would not trust around my child. truth is unfortunately if someone wanted to do something terrible who is to say they would not do it when u are there and sleeping
    mbrown215

Answer by mbrown215 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'm wondering what message is being sent to the child here? Don't trust men, not even the ones you marry?
    I applaud the woman for being cautious, but I don't think she's really thought about all the long-term effects of her choice here.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010