waxing... for better or worse?

I have alot of facial hair :-(
When i was pregnant I started getting a little, she is 4 now it has just slowly gotten worse over time. its becoming a nightmare & im bleaching once a week now & plucking like crazy (bleach never gets the thick/course ones).
It seems the more i pluck the more thicker & darker & course they get over time

So im curious what effect does waxing have on hair?
over time do they get lighter, grow in slower or whatever
or
over time does waxing make hair grow in thicker?

-I have very light sideburns that i bleach (i could live with it), my mustache just seems to be getting darker & darker & more resistant to bleach every week :(
and my chin is just ridiculous! im very fuzzy, some dark & course.

Its gotten to where i dont like anyone to look at me. I cant stand for my husband to stare at me, and hes not even allowed to touch my chin because its never smooth! :(

Ive never shaved at all.. and WONT! I know shaving makes it worse. but i bleach 1x week.. Pluck every time I leave the house.. and when i see long light hairs on my chin i will cut them with tiny scissors.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• try sugaring it is a little more gentle but waxing would at least give you a few days respite - I also use the RX from the dermatologist that reduces regrowth worthevery penny

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 7:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would suggest threading. It lasts so much longer than waxing. It's smooth and it lasts about two weeks for me. Also, I have used an epilator as well. That doesn't quite last as long, but it's good for little things.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• try electrolysis. it permanently gets rid of the hair. its costly but worth it if you can afford it. as far as waxing goes in certain areas it doesnt last as long so you have to do it often. you could also try threading. most places only do eyebrows but they may be willing to do other areas of the face
    Shortness817

Answer by Shortness817 at 12:46 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I've waxed my eyebrows for the longest time. I hardly have to do it anymore though because the hairs hardly ever grow back. I don't know if everyone is like that but it worked for me.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Not necessarily. We have a regular walk in store at the mall. You can check into your locations to see where one like that might be. I am sure you would be able to get a private session somewhere.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Threading is awesome! Trust me no one will look at you weird! I wouldn't wax it could hurt your skin & cause irritation!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 1:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• well with threading that is something id have to do 'publicly'... i just cant do it, its toooo humiliating! I dont talk to anyone about my facial hair. there is no way id be able to get it done.

i wish i could afford some of the more expensive methods but i cant..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Nov. 21, 2010