Black Friday...worth it?

Are the sales that great????? Is it worth the extreme crowding and moron customers?? I've always had to work on Black Friday :(

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 12:58 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Shopping

• Not to me.  I can sit at home in my pajamas and shop on Amazon.  They have everything!  Check them out:  Amazon

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I don't think so...I prefer Cyber Monday...No crowds!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I've only gone once, but it was an enjoyable experience. The stores were crowded, but the customers were always really fun and friendly. I plan on going this year as well. Check your local ads, there are some pretty good deals this year even if you're not going for a big ticket item.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Heck NO!!!......I can't stand long lines, waiting in lines, and PEOPLE!!!.............Especially TOO many people in one place....I think i am people claustrophobic....LOL

So, no.....Not worth it....At least not for me!

Good Question!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Some great deals, some not so great, but worth it if you are looking for something specific.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• For me it's worth it. I get a WHOLE day out shopping with no kids, and I get bargains on what I was going to be buying anyway. Also I go out for brunch, and it's just a great relaxing time for me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• People were so mean and nasty the year I went. Pushing, shoving, to get back to the electronics. Fighing over the few items that were offered. It just ruined my whole Christmas spirit. But with that said.... if you need clothing type items, meander out a bit later.... 7 or 8-ish and you should enjoy much nicer people, but still get really good deals on coats, clothes, slippers, PJs, etc..
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You should see if youtube.com has some footage of crap that happens on Black Friday. I saw one yr on the news about a guy that got ran over, literally, but buggies from ppl pushing and being crazy when a Best Buy opened. PPl will sleep OUTSIDE of the place until it opens just to get the deals. Its a good way for businesses to make money b.c many are stupid and spend more than they need. Hence: debt for the new year.
    I stay home and buy my stuff closer to christmas. The stuff I get stays on sale usually so, no worries for me. Or, do online shopping.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 12:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'd rather pay more than get stressed out! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2010