If you have a pet and he/she is sleeping and you need to acsess the area do you....

move the cat and sit down or roll over and make the dog move? Or do you sit someplace else and roll away instead of moving and disturbing your pet?

I usually will not move a sleeping cat- weird?  Yay or Nay?

chefjen

Asked by chefjen at 1:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pets

• Haha! I have wondered if other people were like this too! My cat sleeps on my bed at night in the bend of my legs, and I won't move because I don't want to disturb him. I waited to come into my room and turn the light on because he was sleeping on my bed today. lol!
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 1:13 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• ooohhh, I like the picture! No, I never move the sleeping pets. I just contort my body around them so the result is that I sleep like a pretzel!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If the cat is on my bed, they're getting moved.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• my cat sleps based on where/how im sleeping first if im on my back shes nuggeling on my baby bump if im on my side shes cuddled by my leg shes very sweet and takes care of me when i dont feel well
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 1:30 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have two dogs and they sleep on the bed with us, so I will slip my hands one to gently scoot him over. Because there I want to sleep in my bed. But don't want them to sleep uncomfortable either. So we sleep with them on one side, my hubby on the other and I in the middle.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I move them to get to my spot. They come back immediately and cuddle with me.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have a dog that has to sleep practically on top of me at night. I'm constantly having to shove him over in the night so I can get comfortable. So I guess I'm one of the ones that moves sleeping pets, lol.
    mindi6103

Answer by mindi6103 at 3:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'll move the dog, but not the cat. The dog, luckily for her, doesn't sleep in too many places (over 90 pounds, so her options are limited), so it's rare that I need to. The cat likes to sleep with me and I will try hard not to disturb her. I never thought about it before!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:24 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• How funny, I hadn't thought of this until you asked it.... when we had a cat, Mr. Buster Mac, he slept where ever he so chose to sleep - even if it was on our heads -- we would never move him. Now the dog , she gets the old shove-over with the foot. She's 40 pounds, not supposed to be on the bed (sneaks up there in the middle of the night anyhow) and gets the boot whenever I get awakened because I'm trapped between her and DH.
    I wonder now why I wouldn't move the cat but I will the dog? LOL
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 4:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I move the cat, lol. I try to be gentle, sometimes I even pick him up and gently lay him somewhere else and he'll look up at me and blink like 'what are you doing?' then lay his head back down.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010