what other things can i do to get my son to behave?

my son is grounded for not answering the phone and not being where he told us he would be. thing is we ground him but he doesn't come home from school like he is suppose too. last night he came home at 8pm. i'm newly married and i talk with my husband and i said i felt he should be spanked. when i spank which has been forever the boys would just laugh. i can't swing the belt hard enough i guess. so i asked if he would do it. he was nervous about it but he felt that needed to be done. thing was that my son backed talked him and i could see my hubby was real mad so i said you can't spank him with that anger you could really hurt him. so then he was even more nervous to spank him but he did it anyway but i don't think my son got the point of why we had too. is there anything else that we can try to get him to stop misbehaving? we rather not spank.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• i would pick him up from school and take him home,if he wants to go out,go with him and stay close by not enough so he can see you or ground him and tell him that his mates go to your place or you go with them where ever he goes,put a curfew and all family members can stick to and if he can stick to the curfew he would get rewarded with pocket money,if he does something wrong take 20cents off each time he does something wrong,and say you give the reward 20bucks,he keeps doing wrong and it goes down more down to 5bucks,well thats all he gets if he sticks to curfew,offer 20bucks for reward,im sure it would work.
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 6:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Drop him off and pick him up from school. Don't give him the opportunity to disobey. I say stick yourself to him like super glue for a month or two until he changes that attitude.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• or try that reward of been able to go out with friends if can stick to curfew.curfews must be done for pay day to pay,it would be done on a 7 day week.try it,my sister did it and it works,but you have to be tuff,you must give one warning before saying youll take 20cents each time he does something wrong.keep me updated,if your unsure bout anything i am here for you every step of the way
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 6:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Take away something important,cell phone hits my 17 yr old pretty hard.See what is extremly important to him and let him know if he misbehaves again this will be the punishment..
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I take my sons clothes. The ones he loves,cell phone is good one,once I took the door to his room for slamming it and disrespecting our property. I have taken everything out of his room except matteress and blanket, had him dig up weeds with a garden shovel,taken tv, and computer for awhile.What does he like the most.What means the most to him then take that until he acts better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2008