Back pain

I was in a car wreck a few years ago and they gave me a pain medication and now that I am prego, I can't take it. Is there anything safe I can put on it? Heat works a little but it still hurts, I have three herniated disc in the lower back, so the baby growing is putting even more pressure and I know when your prego, your back hurts anyway, but for me it is gonna hurt really bad, so does anyone have any ideas to make the pain less?

mom2be_25

Asked by mom2be_25 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Health

• I work in a pharmacy and of course everything there is prescription so I'm assuming your looking for something otc (over the counter). Theres a product called Tiger balm and also Tiger Patch, which might help a tad. Herniated discs are awfully painful so I'm not sure how much relief you'll get, but worth a try.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Those patches are nice, like icy hot, and things, but I don't know that they would actually help in your case. I will say it's something that you may want to talk to your doctor about. He/she will know what meds you can take. I do know that chiropractors also work on pregnant women too. I'm planning on going myself.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 10:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010