Sometimes my husband and I don't get along..

Sometimes my husband and I don't get along and I worry, I know I can go overboard and get on his nerves. I don't mean to pick on all the things that annoy me, it just happens. Is there anyway I can avoid this?

mom2be_25

Asked by mom2be_25 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• When he annoys you, walk away to avoid an argument. If he follows you, kindly say that you don't want to argue.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I should try that, Sometimes he walks away and instead of being nice he is hateful and tells me to shut up and that makes me even more mad. Maybe I should calm down and let him walk away.
    mom2be_25

Comment by mom2be_25 (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Are you guys active in a church in your area? Our church just did a big series on Song of Solomon. I know it's kind of a personal thing, but it was really wonderful in helping me and my husband with the same thing you guys are dealing with.
    Here's a link to the sermon series, it's free to listen to and they start at the bottom of the page and work to the top:
    http://www.mosaicfl.org/?pg=cG9kY2FzdEVwaXNvZGVz&pid=RXBpc29kZXM=&sb=0&sid=VGhlIFdpc2UgS2luZw==

We're in Oakland, Fl this is the main page (sermons and things are under the media tab):
    http://www.mosaicfl.org
    Carrielayne

Answer by Carrielayne at 1:32 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My husband refuses to go to church and I really don't understand why. He just says I am not going at all.
    mom2be_25

Comment by mom2be_25 (original poster) at 1:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• acceptance is key to a good relationship...my husband drives me nuts with his habits and quirks there are things about him that are just crazy in my book and he refuses to go to church as well. Here is the thing I have to look the other way, pick and choose my battles and not let anything get to me. Just give up the control and accept things for the way they are. You go to church and make your friends and so what if he doesn't want to go alot of men do not go.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We have only been living together since March and married since June 21st, maybe I just have to get use to it. I knew there was things I didn't like and same for him. I guess I thought I was more ready and could handle it. It takes more time. I will work on it, but all your advice helps. Thank you all so far.
    mom2be_25

Comment by mom2be_25 (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think you guys should realize when you are about to say something nasty, and take a timeout before the nastiness comes out. Take a breather. And, a really good therapist told me this, realize that even though he's getting on your nerves, he's still THERE. I mean, you'd miss him if he wasn't there, right? It does come down to accepting the things about him that annoy you. Although, depending on what they are, and the same about you, you guys can tone some of them down a bit. But you love him. You gotta accept him. You can't be nasty every time he does something you don't like, that's not fair. And the same on his part.
    I also think you guys should find some things to do together for fun. Maybe you guys are not connecting enough. If you guys connect more and have more fun together, then the annoying things about each other will get smaller, and less annoying.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yes, accepting the good with the bad.

Answer by older at 9:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2010