merina iud question...help adult content

Hi I got the merina put in Monday and I was told how to find the string and what it feels like. Well I checked to make sure I could still feel it and I can't. My ob didn't tell me to come in 2 weeks after I get it put it. All he said was well see u in a year. I hear it can fall out is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine expelled a year afterward.. you should go back in and get him to check it to b sure :)
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 1:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It can fall out, but it's more common within the first week..which is why you should wait a week to have sex, use a tampon, etc. I find it extremely odd that you were not told to come back after a month to have it checked, and that you should have it checked every so often. Try putting one leg up, lie down, etc..different positions can make it harder or easier to find it. I do wish you the best of luck with it, as it causes many problems for many women. That is why I got rid of it and switched to the Paragard! Good luck.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:39 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yes it can fall out and if you dont feel your strings call your doctor. I will admit when i first got mine i did have to go back for placement check then it was my yearly visits
    mbrown215

Answer by mbrown215 at 1:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• When I had mine put in I didn't have to go back in and get checked. An actually I have never heard that it could fall out until now. Your OB might have bent the strings up, sometimes if they are left straight they can cause problems to a well endowed man during intercourse. I had mine for the entire 5 years with absolutely no problems ( except having to get the strings cut because the were scratching SO. But for me, no problems I loved it!

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 1:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Oh and I would think that if it did fall out or was slipping you would have noticed it... wouldn't you???? I don't see how that would be something you missed....
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 1:50 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You are supposed to have it's placement checked one month after insertion and until then you are supposed to use condoms as back up. If you have had sex since you had it placed it's possible hubby could have moved the strings (happened to me, and it took a little while to find the strings again during the monthly check).
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I can never feel mine, but my husband can. The strings are just up ther too high and i can reach well enough..lol If you have someone to check for you, i would :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010