how can some people go 10-15 years and not date?

grandmagrandpai have a relative who has not dated since 1994.she has kids who are all grown up now. but she lives alone no husband or boyfriend what gives?? maybe when some people reach a certain stage in their life some of their priorities change?? even in my 70's i hope to still enjoy male company.

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 1:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I think that your relative has found that she can be happy by herself. It is a great achievement to discover that you do not need a another person to achieve happiness. Either that or maybe she has realized that it would just be too hard to train another man. :-D
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think after a while, you fall into a routine, which may or may not include a boyfriend. You tend to enjoy your own little routine. A companion might be sort of an intruder. I can see that happening to me. I was getting to that point, when I met my present husband. I was not looking to date anyone. In fact, I was sort of going my own way at that point.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Maybe she's just perfectly happy being on her own. After 15 years, one gets used to doing it alone and doesn't want another man in her life. My husband's Nana was just like this. For her, every man who came into her life wanted all the "good stuff" while she and her kids didn't. Example, he wanted steak every single night for dinner while she and her kids got chicken or pork. It got to the point where she nearly literally drop-kicked him from her front door to the front lawn. She didn't have another man in her life for a few decades after that. The last guy she let into her life was demeaning to her and made life unhealthy. She and her son literally threw him right out the front door. She's always done better without a man in her life.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:30 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• One word...MEN!!!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have a friend who hates men and would rather choke on a rock before going out with a man. My daughter is 23 and probably won't ever date because she is socially inept because of her Asperger's . Every person is different and unique in their own way
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:39 AM on Nov. 21, 2010