Anyone else experrience this?

i am 37 weeks and 4 days pregnant.. my doctor told me to come to the hospital when contractions became 10-15 min apart for 2 hours... i have had contractions (like i can tell they are but they aren't severe contractions...?) for the last hour and half every 20-25 min. i just told my husband (bc i dont want to get too excited about it and it stop) but the contractions are mostly in my back.. (when i did have a period i normally didnt cramp in my stomach it was more in the back)and they arent extremely painful and i have had contant burn in lower back (like i did when on my period).. i just dont want to get too excited and make a fool of myself by going to the hospital for false labor (plus i dont want to get my husband too excited or anything because its his birthday and i dont want to make him think its go time HAPPY BIRTHDAY and it not be) lol

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Could be back labor starting. I agree with dynamight that it could be days if you're still so far apart. It does sound like labor to me. I had back labor, and I get my menstrual cramps in my back, so the sensation was exactly the same, just progressively more intense. Go get some sleep tonight (you're going to need it for your marathon coming up!). Go walk as much as you can tomorrow. That can help get things going. Get plenty to eat, because you will need your strength and energy. Sending labor dust your way! I hope all goes well for you!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• yea. close to it. Out of 4 labors, all of them was different and everyone describes it in their own way..... If you think its time....go
    mommydown

Answer by mommydown at 1:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Try walking and moving around for a bit. if the pain starts to get stronger or closer together chances are its labor. True labor usually gets stronger with activity. False labor will not
    mbrown215

Answer by mbrown215 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i was in labor for 5 days with contractions every 20 min then down to 5 min apart, went to the hospital twice and was turned away until the third time! i delivered at 37 weeks. the shower helped me get through it, i sat in there for hours. but dont feel embarrassed to go if you feel its time! when its your first everyone is very understanding. its normal to do. Plus, if your planning on getting an epidural you could wait to long and miss your chance to get one! dont want that. good luck!
    Dynamight

Answer by Dynamight at 1:59 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• id go than chance it
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 5:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• ok i just wasn't sure. i dont really remember what the contractions felt like with my first child (i was on meds and just rememeber them making me very uncomfortable) so i didnt know if i should due to the fact that the contractions werent making me completely miserable
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2010