mom mad about me flying with my baby

i need some help with this im adopted so my real mom wants me and my ten month old to fly to fl and see them shes paying for it but my adopted mom says someone may snatch t.j and im soooo scared now so im wondering how safe are airports and what are some advices about flying with a baby no hes not goin to leave my arms for a second but my adopted mother is scareing me to death i realy realy wanna see my real family thank you for your time

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 1:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The risk of someone snatching your baby is likely higher at the grocery store or going about your normal routine than at the airport. Just don't leave him alone anywhere (which I assume you wouldn't do anyway with an infant). You can even put him in a baby carrier, like an Ergo Baby or a Baby Bjorn or the like, so he's fully attached to you. That's probably what I would've done. Plus, the baby would likely sleep, and you can easily nurse (if you're nursing). Ik sure everything will be fine! Try not to stress, and have a wonderful visit! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:07 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Aw bless your heart! No one is going to snatch your baby from you! How old are you honey? Is it your first time to travel alone? I'd re-assure your adoptive mom that you're an adult and are able to handle travel. Let her know you'll make eye contact with all of the cops..... do be warned this will probably set you up for TSA screening lol! But really, there are so many security officers and police at airports now, you'll be fine! Be honest with your adoptive mom about her scaring you. I bet she doesn't know she is. There might even be some underlying issues with her not wanting you to go meet you Bmom. I just found my Bdad and he's planning a trip to see me and my family. My mom is a little apprehensive too. Be open and honest though, it's the best route!
    Carrielayne

Answer by Carrielayne at 1:53 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• im 27 and it is my first time im used to buses but we didnt wanna put t.j threw that and talk about a brokein back after all of it so we thought flying would be better on us both
    brittanymomma

Comment by brittanymomma (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• shes just trying to scare you..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 5:16 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Just keep your eye out like you would normally. Your a good mom, you'll have a wonderful time. It's just like anywhere else you go in the world, you always have to keep an eye out for your babies.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 9:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Sound like she is trying to keep you and her grandson to herself. I flew with my son when he was 1 yr old nothing happened besides dirty looks from passeners thinking their flight is ruined with a baby on board
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010