ASTHMA

My 6 mo. yet again is going threw another asthma episode. Dr. prescribed breath treat. very 4-6 hrs. as needed and 1/2 tsp prednisolone 2x a day for 5 days. Seen ped. yesterday and still tonight coughing and coughing i am following peds. instructions...neither of us has slept much the last 2 nights. She is exhausted will fall asleep and then starts coughing and wants to be held...any advice on INFANT ASTHMA any at all ????????????

cdesersa

Asked by cdesersa at 2:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Health

• This is not going to help you today, but see if you can find a pediatric pulmonary specialist. New guidelines for asthma/ new research is coming out all the time and a specialist will be more up to date on the best treatments and tests to determine triggers, etc. When my son was young, like 3-4 years old I remember giving his nebs every 2 hours on a couple of occasions, because he was so sick. Call the pedi today and ask if you can shorten the interval, maybe every 3 hours at night and 4-6 hours during the day. Good luck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• With my son I found if one of us slept in the recliner with him on our chest he slept better and at least we could rest. His asthma was severe. He was hospitalized many times for it. Intubated 3 times. The best thing we ever did was rip all the carpet out, minimal drapes, no stuffed toys. As soon as we did that the episodes decreased dramatically. We also used the fliteat filters for the AC/heat system.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:20 AM on Nov. 21, 2010