What happened to Tori Amos? I love her music! Where did she go?

blessedwithree

Asked by blessedwithree at 3:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• From Wikipedia:
    In May 2008, Amos announced that, due to creative and financial disagreements with Epic Records, she had negotiated an end to her contract with the record label, and would be operating independently of major record labels on future work.[29][30] In September of the same year, Amos released a live album and DVD, Live at Montreux 1991/1992, through Eagle Rock Entertainment, of two performances she gave at the Montreux Jazz Festival very early on in her career while promoting her debut solo-album, Little Earthquakes. By December, after a chance encounter with chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group, Doug Morris, Amos signed a "joint venture" deal Universal Republic Records.[31][32][33][34]

Abnormally Attracted to Sin, Amos's tenth solo studio-album and her first album released through Universal Republic, was released in May 2009 to mostly positive reviews. The album debuted in the top 10 of the Billboard 200,
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:31 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• no idea but here is what she looks like now...   http://prince.org/msg/8/340434

Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:20 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yeah, that's a good question. I haven't heard a peep from her in a few years! Hmmmm
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 3:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think it's been at least three years since I heard anything new from her. My favorite song has always been A Sorta Fairytale. That song just makes me lose myself for a few minutes.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• She's underground. I do believe she still plays out.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Wow, Truelove, that's an interesting thread you linked to!
    I was never a die-hard Tori Amos fan, but I do like a lot of her music, and being a pianist myself, I admire her skills. I saw her twice in concert back in the early 90's because my friend was really into her. She seemed like kind of a bitch to be honest.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• making it the Amos' seventh album to do so.[36] Abnormally Attracted to Sin, admitted Amos, was a "personal album", not a conceptual one.[37] Continuing her distribution deal with Universal Republic, Amos released Midwinter Graces, her first seasonal album, in November of the same year. The album features reworked versions of traditional carols, as well as original songs written by Amos.[38]

During her contract with the label, Amos recorded vocals for two songs for David Byrne's collaboration album with Fatboy Slim, entitled Here Lies Love,[39] which was released in April 2010. In July of the same year, the DVD Tori Amos- Live from the Artists Den was released exclusively through Barnes & Noble. Currently, Amos is writing the music for Samuel Adamson's musical adaptation of the George MacDonald story The Light Princess for the Royal National Theatre, which is expected to debut in 2012, as well as on her own new proje
    vicesix

• Thanks guys . . good info!
    blessedwithree

Comment by blessedwithree (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010