How normal is it....?

to not have a period when you are on birthcontrol? I read all the paperwork on my birthcontrol and no where does it say I will miss my cycle. I am not pregnant but this has happened quite a bit since I have been on this pill. I was suppose to start during this week and end by tomorrow but i haven't. I have all the symptoms cramping, bloating, pms all the lovely things that go along with a monthly cycle but with nothing going on. How normal is this? Does this happen to anyone else?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 3:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the hormones in the pill can affect different women differntly and some of the pills are designed to make you have les periods too. what type are you on? how long have you been on it? have there been any major stressors in your life that could be upsetting your hormone balance thus affecting your period? if this is happening a lot i would say talk to your Gyn about wether its normal on your type or if you need to be changed.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 3:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Best to go talk to your doctor about it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'd make an appointment with your doc!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2010