• In the Spotlight:

What do you do when visiting strangers?

Going to my new Caregiver's home for Thanksgiving. Don't know any of them. I don't know what to do. I've never experienced this before. Any ideas?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• I would bring a bottle of wine or something , i never go to an invited occassion like that empty handed if its not family. you could call and ask whatyou can bring to the occassion too.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 6:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I might bring something nibbly, like a veggie platter.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Prepare your children as well. They always need to be informed of expectations before hand. That way they know what is expected and can behave accordingly.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Bring something and just relax. The kids will help to cut the tension. They are just people. Be yourself!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• bottle of inexpensive wine (at most).
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would bring a dish your kids like, what if they cook different, you want to be able to offer your kids something their use to.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Wine was my first choice, too. But not everybody drinks it. (If somebody would bring me a bottle, I'd just pass it on because I won't drink it.) However ... how nice you've been invited!
    MAybe you can think of something for her by a bit of personal information she gave you? What she likes, what she's into. If you know nothing at all, then I'd some flowers (maybe her favorites or in her fav. color?), a nice card that says "Thanks for inviting. Ect..", together with one of these disposable cameras wrapped up in present paper. The idea is to just hand it round and take funny snpa shots of, what hopefully will be, a happy Thanksgiving. And if people are in a good mood and/ or under the influence of alcoholic beverages ... it gets dropped or somebody grabs it with cranberry sauce on his fingers ... well, better this one than the expensive, digital Nicon. lol And afterwards you can enjoy the pictures together and relive good times.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010