I believe that today's child needs to be

familiar with technology, video games, computers or be at a disadvantage. I definitely believe that their use has to be supervised and limited.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 7:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Technology

• depends on the kids and the family environment. There is no "one size fits all" for every child and family.

My Autistic boys don't like outdoors and are pretty much into video games, tv, computer time and reading books. Thats just who they are. We limit the computer and game time, but thats what they like to do,regardless of the efforts we've made to expose them to other things they always default back to that stuff.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I agree with you , I feel so behind at times . I have to ask my kids to make the games work on the PlayStation for my younger ones, My son wants an walk men for Christmas, I want to get it , however I don't know how to load it with music so i know what he is listening to , So once again off to my older kids....
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 7:14 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Agreed! My dad had to learn how to use a computer for work! And he works at a factory!! It is to the point where MOST jobs require you to have at least some computer skills. Kids today would be at a HUGE disadvantage if they didn't learn computer skills!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I agree they need to be computer savvy, but do not need a cell phone connected to their heads 24/7 to be in the loop- that is one technological advance I don't view as necessary.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:31 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• agreed. learning technology is almost a survival skill nowadays! almost everything is done mechanically.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yes, kids and everyone should be familiar with technology, my entire job is on the computer, I do not ever have face to face interaction. I think that is just the way the world is going.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Sadly, that is all too true.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I agree...

What's the question?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Internet, texting , facebook and then playing xbox. There is no interaction with others face to face.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2010