Anxiety ? How to relieve

I am so full of worry , I fear that my kids are sick and need to go to the doctor over silly things that are being over driven in my head, I fear about the baby i am carrying, I am just full of fear. The other day I asked about my 2 yr old s closed fist, I called the doctor they say shes fine, I was worried about autism I think i am loosing my mind

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 7:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Health

• Go talk to someone. A professional can help you with techniques to help cope with these fears. They might also be able to prescribe some medications to help alleviate them until you learn the coping skills that you need.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• were you like this before you got pregnant with the baby you're currently carrying? or the pregnancy with your 2 year old, or after you delivered her?

sometimes anxiety can be contributed to pregnancy or to post partum. i had it bad after i had my first and then i had it even worse while pregnant with my 3rd. i never sought help for it because i knew being pregnant there wasn't much drugs i could take. i did have an appt with a therapist though but i cancelled because i was terrified of driving on the interstate (the biggest part of my anxiety was driving places). anyway now that i had her and 10 months have gone by, the fear has left. not saying this is exactly what's wrong with you, but it could be. pregnancy hormones can affect your body and your mind in such weird ways. bring it up with your ob at your next visit and see what they say. good luck!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• yes i did have it b4 and had it under control , now I am out of my mind with trying to cope, I cant seem to think of anything to get over it. I have tried getting out, deep breathing and the knowing of what it is. Not working, I do have a therapist i talk to so i am trying ,, I am just so tried of this
    kileighsmommie

Comment by kileighsmommie (original poster) at 7:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I am sorry. I am afraid that my response might have contributed to your anxety. I am happy that the Dr. was able to assure you that there is no problem with your child.
    I understand anxiety. I worry alot about things. It helps to say them out loud and not just hold them in. I hope that you have a person to share your concerns with.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• When the negative thought come in try and counter it will a positive thought.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think you need to see a counselor, or even start with a small antianxiety med.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 10:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• There is an epidemic of magnesium deficiency in the US, especially among women. Anxiety is a common side effect. I take a cal/mag/D daily.

There is a wonderful book call No More Panic, by Clair Weeks; you should be able to find it at your local library

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2010