Letting my daughter know important information before hand

Because of certain circumstances, i am going to be getting an eviction notice from my landlord for my daughters father. Should i tell her this in advance or should i just wait till it happens? Thank you!

lnkforever

Asked by lnkforever at 7:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Kids' Health

• be nicer to give her a heads up, that would be a rude shock
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• First how old is you daughter? Second is only her father being evicted? I would say if she is old enough I would tell her. I think if it were me I would take her out and talk with her, Tell her in terms that she can understand and let her ask questions. I think if you don't tell her she might get very upset or scared. I would be as honest as you can without telling her things you don't want to.

I guess you should go with your gut.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Why is the father being evicted. I would think that if the rent isn't being paid everyone will be evicted.
    Anyway, she should know in advance. and have it explained to her.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:50 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would talk to her about it, at least in a more simple way, so she is not completely shocked.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would discuss it with her on an age appropriate level before it happened.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 8:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It depends on the age of the child and the circumstances. Does her father know, or will it be a surprise? Would it put you in danger if your daughter let it slip to her father that he will be getting evicted, etc?
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:19 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i replied to your other "question"... you can't get an eviction notice for someone who isn't on the lease. they are either your guest (which would mean that if you are not allowed guests, you will be evicted) or they are tresspassing.
    i wouldn't give her a heads up, but ii would find a place for her to stay when you call the cops to come get the tresspasser.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• actually I have called the police and they wont make him leave because hes been staying here and yes my landlord can give an eviction notice or trespassing notice and she might not evict me
    lnkforever

Comment by lnkforever (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I think it depends on the age of your child. If she is old enough to understand than I would do my best to explain it to you. However, you cannot take away the fact that he is her Father so I would do my best to not say too many things in a negative way, no matter what kind of person he is. Good luck to you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• tell her daddy is going to go live somewhere else
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010