a question about amoxicillin

My husband gave this to my daughter last night for her ears but he left it out anf forgot to refrigerate it. Is it still ok for her to take or no? I would call the doctors but they are closed today.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Call the pharmacy, any 24 hour pharmacy. I think they will tell you it's okay, but I'm not sure.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It won't hurt anything. Just put it back in the fridge. That's what they told me. When I get mine from the pharmacy they don't even give it to me cold to begin with.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You really need to call the pharmacy.
    I did this and was told that depending on where the amoxicillian came from it might be ok or it might not be ok. Some companies produce it that it is not very stable and it will not be ok if not refridgerated. MOST companies produce it that it is more stable and will be ok if left out for a bit.
    I would not give it to my child until I call the pharmacy to see where they got their supply from.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:31 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would double check with the pharmacy, but I believe you refrigerate it just so it tastes better.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 21, 2010