Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a parttime stripper & I have a 4 month old baby boy. After me & his father broke up its been hard making ends meet. I don't enjoy what I do for a living and my brothers friend said I could live with him until a find a better job. I don't have to pay rent, just "show him a good time." Are there any other jobs that you guys suggest? I don't feel like selling my body for money anymore.

I'm 21 and I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Answer Question

Asked by Nikie352 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 3 (18 Credits)
Answers (20)
  • What do you think your brother's friend is suggesting. What happens when he gets tired of you? Can you live th your brother? What about your parents. Can you go back to school and get training?

    Answer by tootoobusy at 8:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • Anything would be better than what you are doing, research the job market out there, good luck!

    Answer by older at 8:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • what life skills do you have? did you graduate high school? do any college? there are literally thousands of jobs you can work other than something you no longer find comfortable to do. and your brother's friend is TRASH. WTF

    Answer by katiPeas at 8:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • stripping isn't selling your body, but you are making money off your looks. Sorry to say this but many women do get hired based on their looks (but of course they don't tell ya that).

    Answer by Zoeyis at 8:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • Are you still pregnant? In October, you asked about how to tell your boyfriend that you were pregnant. If you are, you won't be able to strip much longer anyway. I would file for support for the baby, see if you can get on WIC for your nutrition, then see if there are any other jobs at one of the casinos.

    Answer by layh41407 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • I'm sorry you are going through this. Can you look into going back to school? Once you go down that road... it will be hard to feel whole again.

    Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • barmaiding while going to school. I know someone that had their child when she was 18. That is what she did. Now she is a teacher and only 23. You can do it....

    Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • Courses to become a Certified Nursing Assistant or Medication Aide are typically short and not expensive, usually six weeks or so and less than $1000, and there is a real need for both CNAs and MedAides, particularly in a place where a lot of elderly people live, like Las Vegas and the surrounding areas.

    Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • Go to the unemployment agency and take a test to see what jobs would be suitable for you. Also, I would strongly suggest looking into some grants for single moms and go back to school, if you don't have any previous experience. There are a ton of government programs that will help you and you child get by as long as you are in school. Going to school will get you a higher paying job, and more likelyhood of getting a job. Also if you are attractive, which I'm assuming you are, try waitressing at a restaurant like Wild Bills saloon or something. Your clothes stay on, and it's a lot more low key. For me I needed to go back to school if I was going to get anywhere. Nurses, paralegals, and many others get very good pay.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • @ lahy41407 I was pregnant but I had a miscarriage. I mean my first born in this question.

    Comment by Nikie352 (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.