Shouls I take her to the ER?

My daughter is 11 months old and she has a fever of 100.3. Should i taker her to the doctor or is just from teething?

hayliesmommy20

Asked by hayliesmommy20 at 8:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be anything, but 100.3 for an 11 month old is not high. Does she have any other symptoms? Unless she has some severe other symptoms, I would not go to an ER at this point.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Call her doctor instead.

Answer by older at 8:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I agree with the others, that is a low grade fever and nothing to warrant a trip to the ER.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• She will be fine, unless she isnt holding down liquid. 100.4 is considered a fever in babies under 6 months, so for an 11 month old it isnt even a fever yet.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would call the doctor before doing anything. I'm sure she'll be fine, that's a pretty low fever. My son has had a temp like that just from teething before.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:04 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i would call your pediatricians after hour number first for advice on handling the temperature. as long as she is comfortable (baring the teething of course) then that is really not that high of a fever at all. if her diapers remain properly wet and she keeps taking in plenty of fluids she should be fine ., but please call your Dr.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 9:06 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No, that's a low grade fever and can be treated with tylenol and motrin. She's probably teething or maybe a touch of the flu. Just watch her. If it gets worse, call your doctor.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Call the doctor asap.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:20 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'd call the doctor at least. But if you feel around in her mouth you should be able to feel a warm spot if there is a tooth that is comming. I remember every single time my daughter had a tooth come in she would get an ear infection, so you may want to have her checked out. Good luck, I hated the first time my lo was sick. So I feel your pain.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 9:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think she'll probably be okay... Is she drooling or have red cheeks? those are other signs of teething which it could be. If she is pulling on her ear call the doc it could be the dreaded ear infections! try giving her some Tylenol and maybe a bath to bring down the temp...a popcicle would work to bring tempo down and help with those teeth too if tht is what is going on. If not better by tomorrow giv the doc a ring
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010