Can this hurt the baby in my tummy?

I am 22 weeks pregnant with twins. It is crazy how strong these little boogers are and their movements are really starting to hurt at times!! Last night I had one of them curled up into a ball (or so it felt) right up on the bottom of my rib cage. It was kind of painful and any sudden movement made me vomit in my mouth! I took my hand and put it on the "lump" right there under my ribs and I just kind of softly started urging the baby to move down lower. My hubby freaked out and was like "Stop! Don't force them to move your going to hurt them!" lol Cute how he is concerned, but do you think this could really hurt them? It's not as if I was shoving them violently..just kind of guiding them with the palm of my hand. He did move down lower for a while but then found his way right back up there again lol

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 8:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No sweetie...it can't. I've only had one at a time and even that can be painful towards the end and I use to shift them around all the time. So your hubby stops freaking, take him to the OB next time you go and ask the doctor that in front of him so that he'll believe it.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:15 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• lol, I had that with my son! he was so long and I had to stand up to eat and I found that pushing gently with my palm made me more comfortable. Remember the baby is in a sack of fluid!
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Not at all.

Answer by older at 8:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Doctors do it all the time when they check you. No the baby is fine. I'm so jealous your having twins I want twins so bad.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2010