My son hates CAFEMOM!

I'm an only parent to a beautiful 1yr old boy named Luke aka Luca. My son used to getting all of my attention and trust me still does. Ever since I joined Cafe mom he's hated it. After I give him is bath at night and play with him for about 30hr and then read him a story he still doesn't want me on the computer. I have to be looking at him the whole time I think it's cute. He'll throw his body onto my lad top, he'll throw his sippy cup or gold fish on the keyboard when I'm typing. He'll play peek-a-boo behind the screen then try to close it, he'll put his little foot on the screen. I think it's so cute. Can you imagine when a man comes in my life how he'll react...

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• How cute! but he is demanding your attention, I can only imagine what he will do sharing you with someone else!

Answer by older at 8:50 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• LOL Of course!! How dare you direct your attention anywhere else besides him mommy??!! My son does the same thing. There is a certain time of day where I try to establish "quiet" time..whether they want to nap or not, and my son just can't stand it when I am sitting down on the couch with my laptop. Oh the joys of motherhood lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My son is the same way, in a sense. He doesn't want my attention on ANYTHING but him, lol. Usually when I'm on here, he's either on my lap, right next to me eating a snack, alseepy, or (rarely) playing with something I found to keep his attention for a few minutes, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• typingI do the same thing, I give him a little snack but he'll just throw then on the keyboard. I might have to start sneaking around.

Jenaiko01

Comment by Jenaiko01 (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Babies are little attention whores and that is absolutely awesome! He's giving you a little reality check. Give him all the attention he desires, I so wish I had my kids small childhood to do over, I would have spoiled them rotten with attention they so wanted from me. Now they are 22 and 16 and although we have a great relationship, they don't really want to be seen with mom...lol.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think I spoil him enough with attention as it is. He's already attatched to my right boob. I know that I also need time to myself too or I'll go crazy and that wont make me a good mom. I try to be balanced.
    Jenaiko01

Comment by Jenaiko01 (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Mine tries to sit on the key board. It's hilarious.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Cute right now, but it won't always be. Now is the time to stop it by ignoring him and firmly but pleasantly that this is mommy time.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:33 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• teen boyThats true I would hate for him to be 16 still trying to sit on my computer.

Jenaiko01

Comment by Jenaiko01 (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2010