What to get a 4 year old and an 8 year old girl for their birthdays?

I have a son so I am completely lost when it comes to buying girl things. The mom says that they have too many toys and to not get them anything but I would like to get them at least a little something. Any ideas?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Small travel toys are awesome! Most kids have toys in their rooms but not so many that are great for car rides. For the 4 year old you could get a cloth barbie/doll that she can play with and for the 8 year old maybe an awesome pop-up book or maybe even something electronic like a handheld Connect 4 or something similarly easy. Just remember to keep them small so that they can stay in the car...this way, mom has something to distract the kids with on hand in case they get cranky on the way home!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Gift cards are great for that age cause they think they have credit cards. I know I'm teaching a bad habbit already, but even cash is cool for a girl who's 8. My friend's daughter is 9 and she's a little horder, she saves all of her money she earns until vacation, and even then she still saves some at home so that she doesn't spend it! lol! She's a great little saver.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 10:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• **My 8 y/o dau is here helping me w/ this one! Here we go: For the 4 y/o, you should get her (Disney) Princess stuff, Dora, Baby dolls, & Fairy Tale stuff. For the 8 y/o, you can get her Zhu Zhu pets, make up, Pillow Pet, Barbies & Polly Pocket, Littlest Pet Shop, Disney Channel stiff (like I Carly, Hannah Montana, etc) & Baby dolls. Hope that helps. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I really wouldn't know...Our oldest four are all boys/men 23, 19, 12, 6, our daughter is only 3...She really loves books...
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2010