• In the Spotlight:

How Bold should Christians be?

Sisters...what do you think? Is it mistaken for being unloving and rude?

I know the bible tells us that "A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher" Luke 6:40.

Jesus was bold. Regarding repentence Matthew 11:20-24, Confronting critcism Matt 12:1-12, Helping outcast Luke 7:36-50, rebuking hyprocrsy Luke 11:37-54, Rebuking satan Luke 4:31-37, Falsely accused Matt 27:11-14

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 3:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• We need to be bold when the Holy Spirit leads us to be bold. I know when it is God's will to be direct and outspoken it doesn't happen often. When it does, I am comfortable in my skin and I know what to say and how to say it. I don't regret it. I have peace before, during and after saying or doing what I need to do. People called to evangelism are bold most of the time. I think a mistake is to confuse boldness with rudeness. Love is never rude and we are to say and do everything in love according to God's word. I believe God convicts those He wishes to through us sometimes. Their discomfort may be a result of that rather than how we did or said what we did. We need to pray for discernment so we know the difference.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• For me, I'm, not bold enough. But, there are some people that take it too far!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 3:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I am a christian and would scream it from the mountian tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo hooo!!!!!!!!!
    I love the lord :D

Just pray to be as bold as the the good Lord wants you to be!
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Christians should be bold yes. But with a humble heart. They should be bold in the knowlege that they are saved and know the way to God. They should allow others to come to them to ask for the path.God the Father will give you the words to say should you ask for them. Seek guidence before assuming the words you speak come from God. To many times others have spoken of the path to Christ with a hateful countenance and therefore did not speak from God but from their own pride. To stand before God and say "Look who I brought with me." God is the one who converts, God is the one that all the glory should go too. When you minister to others do it only for the glory of God and not for your own.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I'm not Christian, but I think that a better word could be used instead of "bold" when referring to the manner in which Christians could "spread the word", as it were... without turning off those they seek to "enlighten". First, know your audience. If someone doesn't want to talk to you about God or Jesus or whatever, you're pretty much wasting their time and your breath. I agree with the above poster: let them come to you. Someone who is curious will seek you out. Then by all means, be as bold as you like. Secondly, know your territory. This is a secular nation, no longer adhering so closely to church doctrine when deciding legislature. You could very well be stepping on the wrong toes if you aren't careful about this one. That's bad for everyone.
    Good luck, though.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• There are many ways of speaking up for your beliefs that do not require you to be offensive. If people take your beliefs personally, then they have issues you can't worry about. It's all a matter of how you express yourself verbally and with body language (as well as the words you use of course).
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Christians should be bold without being rude. We should also tell the truth as it is in the Bible (lovingly) and not be willing to scratch "itching ears". (2 Timothy 4:1-5) The story of Micaiah is one example of how we should tell the truth no matter what people "want" to hear. (2 Chronicles 18)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It's not what one says, it's how one says it,  that makes all the difference.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 7:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I agree with Susie. Christians can turn people off from Christ because they come off as rude and dominant. I think we should let the hold spirit lead us when we go to minister, becuase we aren't the ones that save the souls. If we are lead to do something we should do it, but always be humble, because we don't want people to be turned off but we want to plant a seed or cultivate one that has already been planted.
    ayindemommy

Answer by ayindemommy at 7:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i'm not sure bold is the right word but i am so blessed with everything that the lord and his church that i belong too that i want to share the joy and blessing with others. i will just bare my testimony and hope that they feel the spirit that was there. we are told to never deny who we are and i never have. i'm proud to be a mormon. i just wish others would find the truth for themselves and didn't believe ex members who are bitter or people who say outlandish things cause it has been the greatest blessing in my life. i want everyone else to have the same blessings.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2008