Who told YOU that the bible was the word of God?

This is a personal question to each individual reading this. (that believes in the bible)

Who told YOU (that means you persoanlly) that the bible was the word of God?

When did s/he tell you?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 10:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was told all my life, my mother, father, grandparents, pastor.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:14 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My mother - and grandmother - We were raised from day one hearing that crap.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:15 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• well non-believers can still answer that question, though. My parents were very overzealous people and basically was told my them at a young age and their church. It was my decision to pull away from it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:16 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I was told at a very young age by my mother, church, and friend's parents.

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My mom, she was the first person that told me about the bible. She would read it to me before bed.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I was taught from and still teach and learn from the ''bible''. The bible is God's word written for a reference to knowing what the term means to die for the world's fallen nature by the devil's tactics. He's busy deceiving while the bible is already proving the love, hope, and promise that's offered once and for all for every person who believes. Believing that is pretty simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Mom and Dad and going to church all my life growing up. Don't go now as often as i would like to
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 10:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I grew up hearing that its "the word of God", but thankfully I was never pushed to believe it in a literal sense. I believe it contains truth, but not that it IS truth. And I believe each of the holy texts of the world offers a way of understanding the Divine, humanity, and life. All contain truth and a way for us to connect to the Divine and each other. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My father did. My mother said it was just a book written by a bunch of men & that it was sexist. Yet, she still let my father drag me around to a bunch of religious activities that I didn't genuinely want to do. I only did them out of fear & guilt. sigh.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:59 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My family and the church I attended when I was young. I was taught it was the Word of God but it has also been referred to in my life as God's chosen book.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2010