Ask a Vegetarian!

Go ahead! Ask me anything!!

Asked by rkoloms at 10:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I am not a huge meat eater and part of me wants to become a vegetarian...my spouse loves meat and me and my kids eat it like 2 or 3 times a week. So you use to eat meat? Was it hard to convert? Good for you:)
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Do you cook vegetarian for your whole family, or just yourself? Also what are you going to do about thanks giving? I was watching food network challenge last night and there was a thanksgiving competition and they made something called "Can't believe it's not turkey." tofu. Do you do something similar or do you not try to imitate meats...Just wondering:)

BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• ^^^ awesome questions
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I buy the groceries and I prepare the food, so we all eat vegetarian meals. My spouse was veg when we met, and has been on and off of meat over the years. Our fifteen year old will occasionally eat meat out, buy doesn't like it and always gets sick from, as she has never eaten enough to have the enzymes to digest it.

Comment by rkoloms (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• For Thanksgiving, we just eat the sides; I did this even before I stopped eating meat.

Comment by rkoloms (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I stopped eating meat when I was 17; I am now fifty. I had many veg friends in college, and beyond. I live in a big, veg-friendly city, and have never had any issues.

Comment by rkoloms (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010