Can't seem to knock the thought...Any one wanna give some advice?

Hey, so I'm 22 weeks here, I want to buy a baby book. But I so afraid with all that I've read, that I might be at risk for preterm labour. My cervix measured 3.7cm long during my 19 week ultrasound, and yesterday at an infection check, she didn't say anything looked out of the ordinary...should I go ahead and buy the book this early and stop wrecking my head, or is there still a possibility?! Any advice, thanks ladies! :-)

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 3,7cm is normal. why are you worried by being normal?

IMHO you are over-worrying.
    Anonymous

• Why are you so worried? And what would buying a baby book have to do with it? Buying a book isn't going to curse your pregnancy. Go buy the book.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• even if you were going to have preterm labor, wouldnt you want to be aware of what could happen and what to expect???

i reccommend your pregnancy week by week
    Anonymous

• Be thankful that your cervix measures at 3.7cm. That is in normal range when it is under 2.0cm then the doctors will start worrying. Mine has been at 1.7 for 5 weeks now and I am 23 weeks pregnant. If for some reason you do go into pre-term labor there are so many advances in the medical field. Is your doctor concerned or mentioned any reason for pre term labor? They can stop the labor and the chances of a preemie surviving is extremely high. I am trying to bake this little guy until 27 weeks and any week after that is excellent, but I am extremely high risk. My doctors said that if I could make it to 23 weeks then I was pretty much in the clear. Are you on bed rest or have any other issues? If you need to chat just let me know. I have to go to the doctor twice a week. Don't stress yourself out especially if the doctors have not mentioned any concerns.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I'm glad that everyone, except JD08 gave me a rude answer. :) I really appreciate that. And the baby book won't curse it, I don't want to buy a baby book if I'm at risk for something!!! Read the damn question next time. >:(
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I wasn't being rude, I was asking honest questions because the information you gave didn't indicate to me anything abnormal or any reason to worry about the health of your pregnancy. I did read the question, and frankly your response above is far more offensive than what anyone else wrote here. I'm sorry you were offended by my reply. It was not my intent. I think everyone here was honestly trying to help you.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Actually my apologies, there isn't an abnormality, I'm TRYING to ask if this far along, can complications still come up, IE: cervical incompetence, preterm labour, or am I pretty much in the clear? The anonymous answer about 'what to expect' was not rude, but for some reason i feel asking me what that has to 'do with it' is quite rude....
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Well, to answer your question, there is always a risk that something could come up, something could happen and you could lose your baby. But by 22 weeks that chance is minimal, especially if everything is normal with your pregnancy and you are healthy. So, given all you've said, I would say it is as safe as it is ever going to be to go ahead and prepare for the baby in whatever way you want.

I was trying to ask if you were supersitious. A lot of people are, especially when it comes to a pregnancy, and so they won't buy things (aside from the bare essentials) for the baby until after it is born. I can see how that may have come across as rude, but I really didn't mean it that way. My apologies.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Blue,
    I'm sorry I came across rude aswell. It seems a lot of the times I get an answer that is rude and it kind of discourages my thoughts on this site, not too mention I'm trying to get used to living in this country!! As far as I know, everything has been normal and I feel the baby moving.
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• There is just as much risk of something going wrong with your pregnancy as there is with driving a car and wrecking. I agree, there is no need to worry, but if you want more info from baby books, try your local library to see which one you'd like to buy.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 5:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2008