Would you bring a prisoner in your home if it were your own family?

If in these hard times for the lowered majority, or minority, ....politically c.? Don't have any comparison since this is a life where all people in it are just as vulnerable to losing jobs due to bad health, or not enough hours, or just caught in too much politics, drama, family or job related competition ( like not close to job,....etc.)
"IF" *****
It were in your heart; would you be one to take in a person that isn't quite stable enough at that point so they can get back to life, or do you think the system is doing adequate.
Kindly be specific if the view of system is that it's more than adequate, just adequate enough, or severely needing adjustments.

Ladies...
Thank you for your responses!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• It would have to depend on what they did... But my DH has 2 felonies on his record, so I guess I can't say NO...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think the system is screwed up! However it would also depend on a few things. First what was the crime(s) involved, I would want a criminal background check. Then you have to think what are the things that you don't know about, what did this person not get caught doing? If it was family, I may be more willing to excepting someone in my home. There would be rules and stipulations just like anyone else that would live in my house, have to have a job, doing things to better themselves. I'd also have to consider things like the age of my children, at this stage I'd have to say no. They are to young, and wouldn't know what to tell me if they was doing something they shouldn't. I don't know I'd say it would take a lot of digging in myself to know whether I could even begin to trust this person. Good luck, I feel bad for you having to deal with this dilema.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 11:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have family now who's been in jail for 5+ years, he's supposed to be out in time for Thanksgiving, he's going to spend it at my grandma's house with the rest of my family. We're not going because of that. I can't bring my children, nor myself around that type of thing. NO matter what the reason he went in was. My family will not be around him, and he's my own flesh and blood! I wouldn't go to thanksgiving with him, I definately would not bring him into my own house.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• no. SO and I agreed, no more roommate unless we both know him/her and they are trustworthy and reliable.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:13 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yes if they are family. (and could depend on what they did) My cousin just got out of prison and I love having her home.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 11:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Absolutley not-unless tax evasion or a monetary crime they could not avoid was their crime. They could not have committed a crime of theft, larceny, drug related, booze related, assault, murder, burglary, robbery, rape, molestation, abuse, drug trafficking or manufacture.

In other words, people who commit crimes more than likely have no care in the world whether they do it again, and will do it to you in a heartbeat.

I have been around for a very long time, history repeats itself over and over. As long as it doesn't repeat itself in my home, it's all good--but I'm the one responsible for making sure that doesn't happen.

If you have been in prison, part of your punishment for your crime when you get out is having to figure out a way to make it. You should not assume that society is going to assist you---you made your bed, now lay in it.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 11:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Depends on the crime they committed.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 11:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2010