Have you ever needed a ride to work from someone?

I've had times when I had a job where it was so far to work and relied on a bus. I hated that job, but the bus got me to it, and it worked. However that job was way to strenuous and I had to quit and found one closer.
The close job was just what I liked.
If you had to choose between going in and working a menial hard labor/ vs. a softer job that's closer, and didn't need a ride, or bother to get a bus would you go take the closer job? What if the boss only gave you holiday pay from your own pocket but kept the pay from you until the holiday, (you already worked for it, a month ago, but the boss refused to give you those earnings.

This was happening to our staff of workers.
We only got paid those hrs as the holiday approached, even though we worked ahead a month (for that )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'd probably prefer a job closer to home, and as for the pay thing....that may be illegal. Hours worked have to be paid within a certain amount of time, even if they're to make up for upcoming holiday hours, check with your Labor Dept.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2010