I'm I the only one that imagines that my...

dogs act human? My little one Taco hides when anyone in the house argues and comes up to you and tries to coodle and run his paw on your face when you're crying. My bigger one Honey actually woofs at you interchangably...meaning if you do it to her, she'll respond. Also, if my husband and I hug or kiss, she goes nuts and starts barking and trying to get between us.

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pets

• My Baby, Thumbelina has No Idea she is anything other than Human-LOL! She does the exact same thing; hides when anyone is argueing & then comes out to try to make peace- She hates to see me cry! I am pretty sure she knows just about everything i'm saying to her too:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• LOL! That's the fun part of dogs. By their look, you can almost guess what they are thinking!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I used to whenI had dogs
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 11:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Aaawww... They sound like sweet loving pets and yes they can act like humans. We have 2golden retrievers and they show a lot of affection even though being that way runs in their breed but I love it. I have a cat and she and I talk to each other she sometimes meows at me as if answering me and sometimes she does this noise (like a churping noise) like the way they do when staring at a bird but she does this continuously to me when I talk to her she looks so cute. Animals are a true blessing in my book I love them all :)
    I just wish there were more people like us.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think mine do too! I have a 4yr (Midnight) old dog and an almost 1yr (Ginger) old dog...Ginger acts like a toddler!!!! If we give both dogs a bone, they will each chew on their own, but then Ginger notices that Midnight has one, so she will drop hers and follow and stare at Midnight until Midnight gives up and drops it. Midnight cowers and will either hide or become attached to me if we happen to be arguing or even if our voices are raised but not arguing...I think she thinks that she's in trouble.

I'm sure there are sooooo many other things, but these are all I can think of at the moment...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It's called "anthropomorphizing" and I'm pretty sure everyone does it.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Dogs are capable of doing a lot more thinking and feeling than they are often given credit for in my experiences.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• because he does"nt like loud noies"es
    mary40407

Answer by mary40407 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010