thanksgiving?

Heres the problem... My husbands grandmother is having thanksgiving at 2pm. We are driving an hour & half away to go see our family. My parents hasn't bought a turkey this year, because they usually go to somebody else's house every year. My dad works night shift, but he has thanksgiving off and he usually doesn't get up until 1 or 2 every day. We're going to my husbands grandmother to eat first because of it being at 2pm, my MOM is wanting me to bring my turkey to their house, but i can't because we're going somewhere else to eat first. Besides I would have to get everything ready including my toddler and fix the turkey and take to with me an hour & half away.

My mom called her sister and my grandmother lives with her now, my moms own sister told her only the 3 of them were having thanksgiving, which i thought was kind of rude she didn't even tell my mom she could at least come by for a bit to see my her mother. Because, my grandmother is in her 80's and has Parkinson disease and I think my mom should have the right to see her own mother on thanksgiving.

mszh2010

Asked by mszh2010 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Holidays

Level 3 (-1 Credits)
  • Your mom should be able to see her mother on Thanksgiving, but your mom can buy a turkey today for her house, and probably should!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Would you'll take a turkey to your family's house an hour & half away???? Knowing you have a toddler to get ready. I'm a full-time college student.
    mszh2010

Comment by mszh2010 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Well... When I said it was pointless because it would get cold, she said well your aunt always puts them in a hot & cold bag and bring stuff and its still warm. I was like WOW.
    mszh2010

Comment by mszh2010 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Could you order a turkey dinner from the local grocery store near them? I saw the displays at our grocery store this week. Turkey and all the fixings. 3 different price categories. Just an idea.............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I've paid $20 for a turkey and it will be another $20 in gas just to get there. The grocery stores here the Turkey Dinner's begin at $60 unless you get a ham and I'm not gonna pay out anymore at this point because I still have to finish my Christmas Shopping and my husband has been unemployed up until about 2 weeks ago and he just found a job. I'm a full time College Student and I work very hard, I have no help with my Daughter other than my husband and that's when he is off. Elizabr thanks for the idea. I just think its a little selfish when I've around bought a turkey, I have a toddler, and I'm full time College Student and I'm having alot more put on me by being asked to fix it and take it an hour & half away.
    mszh2010

Comment by mszh2010 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• already bought a turkey*
    mszh2010

Comment by mszh2010 (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2010