im trying to get pregnant however it is taking its time, any usefull tips

i have a child, im ttc my second, however i find it hard to figure out my ovulation date, i did however get the test kits, i feel i have it working now however it is not happening, we are trying a few times before hand, any suggestions or usefull tips, thanks

rhonddadoran

Asked by rhonddadoran at 11:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Have sex! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Stop focusing on it. I know that is so much easier said than done but getting your hopes up each month and then having them drop really doesn't help. We recently decided to just stop. Let it happen when it will happen. And each month that it doesn't? Well, its just another month for us to enjoy loving each other until there is more. And if there is never more? We will deal with that when it comes...
    questioningcleo

Answer by questioningcleo at 11:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Just because you are ovulating does not mean that you are fertile. Is your cervical mucous changing to make a good environment for the sperm to live in?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Right,,Just have sex to enjoy it, to be intimate with the man who you want to be the father of your child. Have fun...Dont think about it so much and when you least expect it, it will happen..
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I read a(n) article on this type of thing while I was TTC #2 two years back. But, I did not follow it. lol
    I read to work out, no caffeine, no smoking (nope, was not quitting), do not be more than 50lbs overweight (thats hard for Americans these days), no stress, etc. I kept doing what I was used to doing and I got preggo 4 months into TTC.
    Sex is fun so do it often!
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 12:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Oh, and another tip I got was to eat healthy.
    CandyHorse

• I am watching my cervical mucus as it is a very good sign of getting close to ovulation. This week was our week to TTC and yesterday after a + OPK and eggwhite CM, we knew it was the night to try again. And, we are BDing again this evening just to cover our bases! LOL! We have been TTC for 5 months and know that this isn't rare to be trying for months to even a year or two before we are successful. Keep trying and have fun while doing it! The 2--3 days preceeding ovulation are the best days to TTC, I have read. Once you ovulate (which I don't think I have yet as I get a 'pain' in my left or right lower side when I do), your fertile window and chance of getting pregnant that month is closed.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 3:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2010