What to do?

I am due any day now, this morning my husband wakes up and tell me he doesn't want my tubes tied. We have agreed to get them tied after to kids, but with this pregnancy he has been making comments having more babies in the future. I thought he was just joking around but I guess he is not. I don't want anymore kids we have our boy and girl and I think we should leave it at that. Because of his job I am the one that has the kids all the time (I work too). I don't know what to do or say to him any suggestion? His mom is also backing him up saying I am to young to have my tubes tied (28yrs old).

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 11:46 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• His mom should mind her own vagina. Your body your decision - sounds like it is a control issue for him.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 11:52 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'll never have mine or suggest anyone get their tubes tied. There are other long term birthcontrol options out there. GL
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Honestly, you both agreed that you would get them tied. I would tell him that if he wants more kids, then he needs to stay home with them since you do the majority of the work with them.
    And his mom needs to stay out of it.

Cna he give you any reason why he is changing his mind now after he already said to tie them?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It's your body. If he wants more kids then he can carry them. Get them tied.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• That happened to me. I love my third child but I was furious that I didn't have the support to keep with our original plan. My life got put on the back burner for years. I resented that. I felt like I was just his puppet then after all was said and done he left me and I had to be a single mom to 3!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• His mom should mind her own vagina--love this lmao

i think you both have to agree to have a child
    you can use other birth control, MAYBE you too will change mind, and IF you did, chances are HE will also change his mind and NOT want another, just the way things so, 28 is young, BUT not too young to not know your own mind, if you are sure you are done, talk again to him, he may just be having new thoughts with soon to be a dad again, he is all excited, thinks wow, i will not have this expecting new baby again feelingLOTS of feeling going on with baby about to arrive
    try not to be too hard on him, dads go through emotions to when baby is due

but his mother does need to but out, she should never have been told in the first place, she gets what she gets in the way of grandchildren, should never be in your bedroom, or your tubes
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• He can't give me any good reason at all, just don't want them tied.
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Nov. 21, 2010