No Judgement - well okay probably a little.

In checking out a few posts this morning it seems that many mothers' feel it is appropriate to punch their children boys or girls in the mouth for being disrespectful ex. talking back to mom in public. I try not to judge others but I find these posts really upsetting. Maybe I am overreacting or maybe I am hormonal whatev but does anyone else feel uneasy over the thought of actually punching their child anywhere for any reason?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 11:50 AM on Nov. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree. Personally, I don't want to spank my child, but I try not to judge others for choosing to do so. However, I think there is a huge difference between a cool-headed swat on the bottom as discipline (or maybe swatting a hand if they're about to reach for something unsafe) and actually hitting or smacking someone--especially in the face. That is always wrong in my opinion.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I agree!

Answer by older at 11:50 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I missed those posts, but yes thats not right and if I saw someone doing it I would find it very disturbing
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:51 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I must have missed those posts also. But punching a child, no matter what they have done is never appropriate.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I am against anything like that but I wonder if it was a poor choice of words rather than an actual fact "this is what I do".
    Alynn74

Answer by Alynn74 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• People punch their kids in the mouth? That seems harsh. I have never even punch an adult in the mouth and I certainly wouldn't punch my child!
    Mommy2ThreeOs

Answer by Mommy2ThreeOs at 12:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• There is no reason what so ever for hitting a child. That's rediculous. Who are these people?
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 12:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• tsk tskPunching is a no no.Where did these post show up?

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have been on here off and on all morning and havent seen these posts! Yikes! Punching a child? Or are you exaggerating and one of those people who see spanking as automatic abuse and punching?
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I haven't seen these posts. Yikes! It's never ok to punch your child in the mouth!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010