How many nights during school..(Sun-Thur)..should my 15 yr daughter be allowed to have friends over or go to their house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think as long as her chorus/homework is done it should be as many as she wants as long as she comes home at her set curfew.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• IMO none... School nights are for being home, not running around, or having friends over. That's what weekends are for. (Friday and Saturday)
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I agree with Mrs. Leftlane. My sons weren't allowed to have friends over or to go anywhere when they were in high school unless it was for sports, drama, work (they started working as Juniors) or volunteering. Socializing was for weekends.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• IN our house, Monday thru Thursday are at home. If there are no weekend activities - then Friday night and Saturday night are free and Sunday afternoon's after church.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I agree with MrsLeftlane. School nights are spent at home.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I feel like school nights should be family time and the weekends can be for friends as long as they are doing well in school and have all their chores done.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 12:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• The mom's who have posted have some great advice/suggestions. I think this is a great opportunity for you to continue to build a trusting relationship with your teen - neogitate terms that are acceptable to both of you. Don't put your child in a position where they are going to lie to you. Maybe it is just me, I remember a few study nights at the library and sleep overs that were not always the way they were protrayed to the parental units ;)
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 1:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• None. There is way too much to do during that time. Homework, band practice, rehearsing & tutoring, and chores if there's time. Then there's family time right before showers and bedtime. Unless the friend is coming over for homework study or school projects or even band rehearsing too, that's the only exception. The weekend is plenty of time to socialize.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 1:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Our rule is none.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If homework and chores are done and there are no other school activities...I would say 2 days a week and home or friends are gone by 9.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010