Nintendo DS Lite or Nintendo DSi?

My kids are 7 and 9. Is it really worth paying the extra and getting a DSi or will they be just as happy with the DS Lite? What do you/your kids have and what do you think of it?

Miss_Frog

Asked by Miss_Frog at 12:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Technology

• We have three DS Lites and we like them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• my dd has a lite and she likes it just fine. i think the main differences are that you can take pics on the dsi, but not the lite. you can also access the internet on the dsi. so if those things aren't important to you, then stick with the lite, it's a very nice system.
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 12:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• They would be just happy with the lites. My 10yo has one. My 9 and 8 year olds just got DSi XLs for the birthdays (from my dad) and they are really cool. Besides having a way bigger screen the camera thing is cool. But the old lites are just fine to play games one and cheaper. If we had bought them we wouldn't have gotten the DSis. We don't even have them set up for the internet because there's no reason they need to be online. The only difference really is the camera thing.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010